French Garden House Blog Let's Go Shopping Contact Subscribe Twitter About Blog Home

10/14/10

Sue Murphy Designs

Architectural Antiques make me weak at the knees. Old, shabby antique doors from the old French Chateaus, the bigger the better. These old doors, whose photo has appeared on many blogs {and still do} in particular made my heart beat faster.
And, I love when clients show me pictures of what they do with the antiques they buy from FrenchGardenHouse!

I was thrilled when designer Sue Murphy emailed and said they made her heart beat faster too, and wanted to meet me with her client to look at these doors. Not only were both Sue and her client delightful, they felt the doors were a perfect fit for the client's home. I could only imagine how fabulous they would look once Sue had finished the rooms, and had all sorts of "what it would look like" ideas swirling around in my head.


Nothing I thought up in my mind even came close to what these beauties actually ended up looking like in the space. oh my! Be sure to visit Sue's Website later {I'll give you the link to her site at the end} because she is beyond talented at creating beautiful, warm and very livable rooms and homes. She is a master at creating functional and beautiful spaces. With emphasis on the beautiful.


Of all the places in the world to sit and drink some coffee or tea, and maybe read a book, I like this place best, I think. To die for. The doors look so right at home there, don't they?



I love the archway to the other space, the coffered ceiling beams, the huge scale of this room.



Since these photos were taken, the doors have been mounted on the wall so they don't lean anymore.




Another gorgeous space. The piece over the fireplace is beautiful, as are the arched doors.




This home has lots of cozy places to sit, or take a little nap. So much space to entertain, and have parties, too.






A shot of the other side of the great room. I love the brick fireplace surround.






Another great seating area, with wonderful pillows and that ottoman!





Some of the other areas in the home. Note the exquisite Antique Paneling behind the console.



A lovely peek in the home office. Love the doors that just fold away, showcasing this lovely space within.






Such an elegant space to dine, how fun that the chairs are all high backed and upholstered.

Each space is lovely, with a just right combination of light and dark. I love those Gilt Chairs, combined with the wood floor, the metal table and then that mirror with the Cherubs. SWOON!



The kitchen. I think if my kitchen looked like this I'd probably cook more. Or at least say I would if I got a kitchen like this! Gorgeous cabinetry.


I think the room below is a utility room. {laundry?}



I adore this beautiful home Sue created for her client. It's not easy to design a whole house around what your client wants, the things the client can't or won't part with, and blend it all into lovely interiors with the new and antique pieces you bring to the mix. I think you will all agree, that Sue has created a stunning home.


Again, in the bedroom below, that wonderful mix of lights and darks. I love the wall color, so soothing.

Finally, the bathroom. okay. really. I don't think I would ever leave!!




You can go visit Sue Murphy Designs by clicking on the photograph below. Check out her website. You will be just as enthralled with her other design projects. Sue started her blog in August, please say Hi! and leave her a comment.

Thank you Sue, for giving the doors a beautiful home to be in. And for generously sharing these photos with all of us.



If you want to romance your Home and Garden with antique and vintage treasures to make you smile each time you come home, visit our shop FrenchGardenHouse.